[GFCA] GFCA Policy Debate Novice Packet — Wave 1

Maggie Berthiaume maggiekb at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 13:30:27 PDT 2019

Hi All,

Happy Friday!

Attached is the first wave of the novice packet. It will also be uploaded
to the GFCA Dropbox shortly.

Thanks to the NDCA, especially Mike Shackelford and Malcolm Gordon for
doing the bulk of the work here! Thanks also to the summer institute
instructors and students who cut the original cards.

This wave includes:

   - Saudi Arabia Affirmative and Negative (fully highlighted with 2AC
   blocks and 2NC extensions)
   - Taiwan Affirmative and Negative (ditto)
   - Defense Industry DA and Answers

Next week's waves will include:

   - Human Rights Affirmative and Negative
   - Russia Shift DA
   - Saudi Alliance DA
   - Houthi Victory DA
   - Allied Prolif DA

It's a DA-heavy year because there are very few arguments that link to all
three of the affs, but there's a good balance of aff and neg arguments for
each of the cases.

I'll include a strategy sheet and proposed roll out schedule in next week's
work so we can discuss at the GFCA coaches meeting on Saturday.

In the meantime, have a great weekend, and see you soon!

~Maggie

PS. Please let me know if you see any egregious errors! :)

PPS. I included a number of coaches whose teams regularly travel to
Georgia, but please feel free to share more widely, and if you know any
Georgia coach who is not yet on the GFCA listserv, please forward.