[GFCA] GFCA Novice Packet

Maggie Berthiaume maggiekb at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 08:06:06 PDT 2017

Hi All,
Here's Wave 1 of the GFCA Novice Packet. (Reminder on the full roll-out
schedule is below.)

While the arguments are similar to the NDCA packet overall, *the files will
not be identical as we have decided not to include counterplans until
October. *

*Thanks to the following people for writing the files* (I just re-organized
and compiled for Georgia): Whit Whitmore (Title I Aff and Neg), David Heidt
(supplements to all files), Scott Phillips (Hazelwood Aff and Neg) and
Miranda Ehrlich (Fiscal Discipline DA).

Thanks!
Maggie

*Wave 1 — August 21st Release Date; can be read starting at Mount Vernon
(September 2)*Title 1 Affirmative / NegativeHazelwood Affirmative / Negative
Federalism Disadvantage (links to both affirmatives)
Spending Disadvantage (links to Title 1)
Hate Speech Disadvantage (links to Hazelwood)

*Wave 2 — October 1st Release Date; can be read starting at Grovetown
(October 7)*States CP (vs. Title 1 Affirmative)Hate Speech CP (vs.
Hazelwood Affirmative)Topicality (argument TBD)
*Wave 3 — December 1 Release Date; can be read starting at Cherokee
(December 8)*Hazelwood Affirmative — Critical VersionCapitalism or
Neoliberalism Critique *General Rules*(1) Novice students may not modify
plan or counterplan texts.(2) Novice students will be allowed to update
arguments on their own so long as the content of the argument does not
change. If any major argument becomes non-unique, the GFCA Executive
Committee will release a new argument to take its place.(3) Novice students
may rearrange the organization of evidence and modify tags, underlining,
and highlighting, but they may not add new arguments and/or change the
content of the arguments in the packet. Students may also find new evidence
to support existing packet arguments but not change the fundamental intent
of the argument.