[GFCA] Addendum: by-law language

Mary Kay Waterman marykay.waterman at lovett.org
Fri Mar 17 11:05:44 PDT 2017

Please use by-law verbiage in any proposals you may draft. Thank you.

On Mar 17, 2017 1:52 PM, "Mary Kay Waterman" <marykay.waterman at lovett.org>
wrote:

Dear GFCA coaches,

This email is partly in response to Lisa Willoughby’s and Laura
LaChappelle’s thoughtful emails today, and partly to convey some general
reminders:

   - We are working on the agenda for our Spring Meeting (Saturday, April
   22 at Warner Robins HS) to be sent out no later than April 7.

   - The agenda will include specific proposals gleaned from the recent
   survey, from individual coaches, and/or executive committee discussion.
   Prior to April 7, please send all new proposals to me (
   marykay.waterman at lovett.org) and copy Jeff Miller (jmill126 at gmail.com).

   - Questions have arisen about proxy votes. Proxy votes are not in our
   by-laws, nor is representing another school by proxy. That being said,
   coaches may choose to draft a proposal to allow proxy votes.

   - At the Spring meeting, we typically vote on meeting dates for the
   following year’s Fall and Spring meetings. We skipped that in Spring 2016,
   which made this Spring meeting date harder to pin down. It is on the agenda
   this time, or course.

   - A reminder that the meeting starts at 10:00 a.m. on 4/22 at Warner
   Robins High School, 401 S Davis Dr., Warner Robins, GA 31088.

Please send proposals our way and let us know of any other questions or
concerns.

Happy Friday,
M.K. Waterman