[GFCA] Spring Fling

WALKER, ROBERT A. ROBERT.WALKER at hcbe.net
Fri Mar 17 11:01:58 PDT 2017

Friends and Collogues,

The state tournament has come and gone and as the weather in Georgia becomes Spring or Sprinter (spring + winter for those of you who have trouble with fake and newly made words), we can only look forward to the John McClellan spring fling. Hosted in beautiful Warner Robins Georgia, where the traffic is always accommodating and still the biggest target for a nuclear attack because of the air force base, we welcome you to this unique speech event only tournament. There will be no delays from policy or LD. No one will ask if we are doing big questions debate. Public forum debaters won't be complaining about which side of the topic is stronger (ok they will probably still complain). There will be delicious food. Ask yourself, how could you not have a good time? We will also be hosting the spring coaches meeting! We are very excited about this once in a lifetime opportunity, and will be providing lunch for all those who attend. We do ask that if you plan on being in and attending the coaches meeting that you do not put yourself in the judging pool on Tabroom. If you put yourself down as a judge you will be judging.

Furthermore we are excited to announce the 2nd annual coaches impromptu category. During the final round one coach from each participating school may compete in a round of impromptu judged by celebrities of the community. The winner of coaches impromptu will receive an award, and will have 100$ donated to a charity of their choice. For the love of all things debate, please someone beat Bracknell.

Come to the spring fling for good natured speech competition, leave with a full belly and unforgettable memories!

Robert Walker
Social Studies Teacher
Debate Coach
[cid:image001.png at 01D29F24.96669530]