[GFCA] State Championship Announcements

Jeffrey Miller jmill126 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 10:54:13 PDT 2016

Hi,

Lyndsey and I have been hard at work putting together some final details
for the State Championships and I wanted to share some finalized details
with everyone.

*FIRST & SECOND YEAR / VARSITY CONGRESS DEBATE STATE*
*FEBRUARY 11-12, 2017*
*Remember, this tournament is only first & second year debate divisions +
congressional debate.*

This tournament is being hosted at *Houston County High School*.  Special
thanks to James Brock for opening up his campus for the GFCA.  Registration
will have applicants automatically waitlisted until Lyndsey has confirmed
your entry's participation.  Remember in order to qualify for 1st/2nd Year
Debate State, your students must compete in the specific event at least
TWICE during the regular season and prior to February 4, 2017 [In-state
Round Robins, NSDA Districts and NCFL qualifier do not count].

The big announcement is that a hotel block has already been set up for this
tournament.  The Wingate offers the best deal in town so I highly recommend
you take advantage of this block.

The schedule has been attached.  Please note that Congress is only on
Sunday this year - this is to accommodate for any varsity members who have
GHP interviews + ACT/SAT on Saturday.

*VARSITY STATE CHAMPIONSHIP*
MARCH 3-5, 2017

This tournament is being hosted at *Marist School*.  Registration will
begin for this in January.  We will send out all of those specific emails
later.

As a part of the hotel negotiations for the 2018 NDCA National Championship
(also at Marist), the GFCA has received a SIGNIFICANTLY reduced price for a
tournament hotel.

We will post final details on the tabroom website and they should be posted
by the end of November.  The tournament hotel for NDCA and GFCA will be the
Westin ( 7 Concourse Pkwy, Atlanta, GA 30328) for $99 a night!  This hotel
overlooks the King & Queen buildings.  *This will be the BEST deal you find
in the Perimeter area. *

The schedule for the Varsity State tournament will be normal, with an early
start (around 2pm) on Friday and all events (except Policy) concluding on
Saturday.  Only Policy will conclude on Sunday at Marist.

Please feel free to ask Lyndsey or I any questions about the two
tournaments.

Thanks!
--
Jeffrey Miller