[GFCA] Fwd: At large, state, member bids, probably 13 other things

Pam Childress pchildress at gocats.org
Sun Feb 10 17:50:02 PST 2019

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: WALKER, ROBERT A. <ROBERT.WALKER at hcbe.net>
Date: Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 6:51 PM
Subject: At large, state, member bids, probably 13 other things
To: GFCABoard <gfcaboard at googlegroups.com>,
georgia-forensics-coaches-association at googlegroups.com <
georgia-forensics-coaches-association at googlegroups.com>

Hello!

Thanks to all who attended for a good first second year state we loved
seeing all of you and congrats to all of your students!

We are finishing up at large calculations for state and need your at large
applications by Tuesday at 5pm. Any at large applications after then will
not be taken. In the description for the student or teams qualifications
please specify that you are asking for an at large bid and the tournaments
your student(s) attended.

Final registration for regularly qualified entries is due by next Tuesday
2/19. Remember as a school who has paid dues you get one member bid to
place a student in an event (if they have competed twice) as long as you
have no regularly qualified entries to that event. You can also use the
member bid to even out a two student team event.

When you enter judges for state please make sure that you list where they
have judged (debate events only) we need to make sure they have enough
rounds. If we find that your judge does has not judges enough ld and pf
rounds (4) in the last two years or 8 policy rounds this year they will not
count towards your judge obligation. If there is an issue with the
qualifications of your judge we may have to withhold your judge bond.

We have hotels and are working on a transportation budget for hired judges
please continue to send me names and emails I am planning a mass email in
the coming days.

Thank you I am sure this email is already too long for a Sunday!

Robert Walker

--
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/georgia-forensics-coaches-association/BL0PR0102MB353866F8A770B9A8BF24883B936B0%40BL0PR0102MB3538.prod.exchangelabs.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/georgia-forensics-coaches-association/BL0PR0102MB353866F8A770B9A8BF24883B936B0%40BL0PR0102MB3538.prod.exchangelabs.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>