[GFCA] Cherokee Tournament

Jamie Wills Jamie.Wills at cherokee.k12.ga.us
Tue Nov 6 12:59:40 PST 2018

Hello fellow forensics coaches,

The Cherokee tournament is up on tabroom, and I hope you will consider joining us this year. More details are here cherokeewinterchallenge.tabroom.com

A couple things to note: First, we will hold a student congress, and if a student submits a piece of legislation to me by Tuesday, November 13th by 7:00pm, I will waive his or her entry fee for that event 😊 I've already got legislation pouring in, so be sure to have your students contribute. We'll preset the docket via email by vote with enrolled schools so students will use most of the chamber time debating after deciding on a PO.

Also, in order to inspire more participation in congress and all speech events in general, we will be running a patterns system. Students can double enter in each pattern (but not in pattern B if they choose to participate in BQD). This way, a speech student could enter up to four events! A great way to rack up the NSDA points and speaking experience! I'll post the patterns schedule below.

We will also have middle school events! If you have a middle school near you, spread the word. We need entries. I already have Teasley MS coming, so please bring middle school students to give those kidos a competitive challenge to rise to!

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Jamie Wills

Pattern A: 8:30 – 12:30

Congress

Oratory

Informative

Humorous Interp

Dramatic Interp

Middle School

Impromptu

Pattern B: 1:00 – 5:00

BQD – no double entry

Extemp

Impromptu

POI

Duo

Middle School

BQD – no double entry

Dramatic Performance (hi, di, duo)

Oratory/Informative

English Department
Speech and Debate Coach
NSDA GA Northern Mountain District Secretary
Cherokee High School
930 Marietta Highway
Canton, GA 30114
770.721.5300