[GFCA] State Tournaments

Mario Herrera rioherrera at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 08:55:15 PDT 2017

Happy November!

I am pleased to announce that the First/Second Year State Debate Tournament
and Varsity Student Congress will be held at Carrollton High School
February 9-10, 2018,

The Varsity State Speech and Debate Tournament will be held at Lassiter
High School in Cobb County, March 2-4, 2018.

The Executive Board is currently working with tournament hosts to determine
the best way to approach tournament schedules since both host school will
have regular schools days on the Friday of each tournament. We are
specifically focusing on starting policy debate earlier in the day on
Friday somehow. We will keep everyone in the loop regarding this schedule.
If you have any ideas in this regard, please reach out. It is our
Association, and I believe there are answers within our membership to
problem-solve and be innovative when we are confronted with challenges.

Thanks to Richard Bracknell of Carrollton HS and Walter Cotter of Lassiter
HS for hosting these tournaments!

Mario Herrera
Chair