[GFCA] 2017 January Legislative Packet for Invitationals

Jeffrey Miller jmill126 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 10:08:39 PST 2017

*Hi everyone!*

*I have attached the congressional debate legislation to be used in January
at tournaments.*

I will also take this time to remind everyone about Congress State held on
Sunday, February 12th at Houston County during JV/Novice State.

In order to qualify to Congress State, you have had to compete at two
different tournaments in *any event, *making this event the most accessible
event to your school.  We have two different divisions at State. They are:
1- Senate.  *Every single school* automatically gets two entries in this
event. You can register any two students who have two tournaments.
2- House.  You get half of the amount of varsity qualifiers you have earned
in all other events.  Again, the two tournament rule applies.    That list
as of right now (BEFORE January tournaments) is as follows:

House

Senate

Congress Entries

Allatoona

1

2

3

Alpharetta

10

2

12

Archer

5

2

7

Bethlehem Christian

1

2

3

Brookwood

4

2

6

Calhoun

1

2

3

Carrollton

8

2

10

Chattahoochee

1

2

3

Cherokee

2

2

4

Columbus

6

2

8

Dunwoody

6

2

8

Evans

1

2

3

Fayette County

3

2

5

Walton

2

2

4

Grovetown

3

2

5

Henry W. Grady

10

2

12

Houston County

1

2

3

Jackson

1

2

3

Lakeside

1

2

3

Lambert

1

2

3

Lassiter

5

2

7

Lovett

4

2

6

Marist

10

2

12

McIntosh

3

2

5

Milton

3

2

5

North Atlanta

1

2

3

North Cobb

1

2

3

Northview

2

*2*

*4*

Pace Academy

2

2

4

1

2

3

Riverwood

Rockdale

2

2

4

RW Johnson

3

2

5

Sequoyah

4

2

6

South Forsyth

1

2

3

St. Pius X

1

2

3

Starr's Mill

8

2

10

Valdosta

3

2

5

Warner Robins

4

2

6

Washington County

1

2

3

Westminster Prep

3

2

5

Woodward

4

2

6

*Your school is only listed if you have at least 1 Varsity Qualifier as of
right now.*

One of the best parts of Congress is no matter how many entries you have
(2-12), you only owe ONE judge making it something that could be very easy
for you to participate in.

This is a great opportunity for speech kids or older debate kids that
weekend!    If there is interest we will also hold a training session on
the Saturday of State!

If you have *any* questions about Congress - please let me know.  You can
register now at gfcajvn.tabroom.com!

Thanks!

--
Jeffrey Miller