[GFCA] GradyTournament- 1 day or 2?

Mario Herrera rioherrera at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 04:42:52 PDT 2016

Good morning, all-

I have had numerous emails stating that the tournament is a hardship being
two days given the timing. I completely understand. Atlanta is hosting the
NCTE Conference and since we are in the middle of the traffic and hotel
situation, costs are a consideration. Some school districts also frown upon
too many Fridays being taken off school of which i am also aware. Traffic
in to Atlanta after 3pm is nightmarish, so schools have to leave early.

With this date change we also know there will be a difference in who
attends. Therefore I am asking whether or not you have a preference as to
whether or not the tournament should be one day or two. I am leaning toward
a one-day, but I would like to hear your thoughts. It might make the
tournament run late as we will have to squeeze in rounds. Additionally, we
almost certainly would have to utilize Inman Middle School. This way we
could assure single-flighting PF and LD.and hopefully keep the schedule
moving.

Additionally, there have been a few requests for an Open Division of Policy
Debate. I will add Policy Debate (with limited numbers and probably four
prelims before an elim)) to our tournament once I hear back from the
membership, but will cancel the event if there aren't at least 4 team with
at least three schools represented.  I would like to announce the decision
by this Thursday, October 20. Please email me directly what your preference
is.

Here is the link to the questionnaire.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf2vlc-wSbgKgQDO2JayIVVDFS8VmeUEY6-Pj5TngCHwOLKcw/viewform

Thanks,