[GFCA] 2016-2017 Potential Public Forum Topic Areas - Discussion

Jeffrey Miller jmill126 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 13:40:54 PDT 2016

Hi, coaches,

I am on the National Speech & Debate Association's Public Forum Wording
Committee for the upcoming year.  Last year, I provided an update after day
1 of the committee's meetings and wanted to do the same this year.

The following 22 topic areas are being considered by the Public Forum
wording committee for possible selection in 2016-2017. The committee will
narrow this further *tomorrow* to create a comprehensive list of possible
topics for the coming school year.

   - Affordable Housing
   - Africa
   - Cuba
   - Drug Policy
   - Farming Policies & Practices
   - Federal Judiciary
   - Floating X
   - Fourth Industrial Revolution (Industry 4.0)
   - Gambling Regulations
   - Gender Equality
   - Gun Violence
   - Household Debt
   - International Organizations
   - Middle East
   - Obama Legacy
   - Trade Policies
   - U.S. Constitution
   - U.S. International Engagement
   - U.S. Linkage Institutions
   - U.S. Military Issues
   - War Powers
   - Water Security

We welcome feedback or possible resolution ideas. Please email me back by
tomorrow in order for your comments to be relayed to the rest of the
committee!

Thanks!

--
Jeffrey Miller