[GFCA] Proposed Restructuring of the Executive Committee

Jeffrey Miller jmill126 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 16:41:21 PDT 2015

Hi, everyone,

Thank you to those who attended (and watched) the 2015 Spring Meeting.  A
special thanks to David, Adam and Lauren for hosting this year.  For those
who could not make it, you missed a delicious lunch at *The El Felix.*

A major discussion at the Spring Meeting consisted of the restructuring of
our Executive Committee.  The purpose of the restructuring is to make the
Association more efficient and balance the roles of our leadership.
Additionally it was my intent to make the roles more transparent to
increase interest from our coaches in becoming leaders in our Association.

A problem with the President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer
structure was the vagueness of those roles.  As our Association transforms
into a credible governing body, our leadership must grow with it.  I have
attached a diagram of the new structure and a description of each position.

You can view our Spring Meeting conversation regarding the structure (it is
about an hour long) here <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O0yqmSBAl8>.  It
is the first thing we discussed at the meeting.

If you have any questions or comments about this structure, please reply
all and we can have a discussion on the GFCA List-Serv so all understand.
In order to facilitate conversation regarding this major change for our
association, I will hold off on voting until Wednesday morning.

The time frame for the Executive Committee restructuring vote and elections
are as follows:
April 22 - Voting on Proposal Opens at Noon
April 29 - Voting on Proposal Closes at Noon, Results Announced to
Membership
April 30 - Nominations for Executive Committee Open, submitted to Jeffrey
Miller
May 6 - Executive Committee Voting Begins at Noon
May 13 - Executive Committee Voting Ends at Noon

Thank you,

Jeffrey Miller
GFCA President