[GFCA] Johns Creek Gladiator Debates - Tuesday Notes

Ben Schultz bencharlesschultz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 13:09:35 PDT 2020

Hey all!

We are looking forward to hosting you this weekend!  A couple of quick
notes.

1)  Payment - I've had a couple people reach out to me about payment.
There are two options this year (well aside from the rarely discussed third
option of "don't pay and then move out of the state and change your name")
- one, you can always send a physical check to me at:

Johns Creek HS
c/o Ben Schultz
5575 State Bridge Road
Alpharetta, GA 30022

Make the check out to "Johns Creek Debate"

The other option is using our electronic platform.  If you log on here:

And set the amount to your registration fee amount you can send an
electronic payment.  Either way is totally fine.

2)  The GFCA tech guide!  We will be going with all things GFCA in terms of
setup and best practices at this tournament.  The Tech Guide is an
invaluable resource that you should familiarize your students with before
competition, ESPECIALLY those students who haven't debated before.  You
will also want each student to run through a quick test of their home setup
to make sure they are ready to go well ahead of time so there aren't any
meltdowns the day of the tournament (well....FEWER meltdowns).  Both things
are linked out to below - remember, NSDA Campus ONLY works with Google
Chrome as the browser.

   - Tech Guide —
   https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vQfNByMoCq3LVtNTUtN7nc4HED3YTwwv9ZWwClaQcG1De9VlX4TK6hV2HzOe86ZGfWHv_qkBku7hveL/pub
   - Testing Platform — https://campus.speechanddebate.org/

3)  Unlinked students.  As you know, students need emails linked to tabroom
accounts to be able to access any of the setup for NSDA campus.  I will be
running lists of those students not linked and sending them out daily to
y'all until we achieve 100 percent linkage.

Thats it for now I think!  Any questions, just ask.  See you soon!

Ben