[GFCA] 2018 Wildcat Classic

Pam Childress pchildress at gocats.org
Tue Sep 4 06:50:45 PDT 2018

The 2018 VHS Wildcat Classic is now open.  There are a couple of things to
note:

1.  We are in a new school building.  4590 Inner Perimeter Rd. Valdosta,
GA. It is big and beautiful, wear comfortable shoes, elevators are
available.
2.  To increase Speech participation and accommodate our SA-CFL
participants, we are running speech events in patterns.  Students may
double enter within patterns and also enter in both patterns, up to four
events.  One event entry is $15 with a maximum per student of $30.  Also,
speech judging is one judge for every eight entries.
3.  LD, PF, and Policy debate will be using the current NSDA topics.
Novice Policy should use the novice packet put together by the GFCA.
4.  Please make every effort to bring required judges.
5.  Congress - a Congress packet will be released September 14 prior to the
tournament, if your students would like to include a bill or resolution,
please send to me by September 13. Please encourage your students to write
bills and resolutions as it makes congress more vibrant.
6.  Extemp and Impromptu topic areas will be released on September 14.
Pamela Childress
Valdosta High School - English
Debate & Speech Coach
GFCA - Director of Communications