[GFCA] Policy Novice Packet — Topicality and Counterplan Supplement

Maggie Berthiaume maggiekb at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 11:14:39 PDT 2018

Hi All,

Attached are the October GFCA Novice Packet supplement files:

- Temporary CP vs. all three affs (includes PICs bad and Conditionality
blocks)
- T "Legal Immigration" vs. Gender Asylum

I did NOT put out the additional advantage counterplans vs. Open Borders
and HSI that were in the original NDCA packet — it felt to me like four
counterplans and T was too much at once. Let me know if you have thoughts
on if/when you'd want that added to the packet.

Also, now that most teams have had at least one tournament, let me know if
you or your debaters or judges notice any arguments that aren't balanced —
the goal of the novice packet is to have files where either side can win if
they debate well, not tricks that can't be answered. So if I've failed in
that endeavor in any way, please let me know so I can put out a supplement.

Thanks as always!

Maggie