[GFCA] Varsity State

WALKER, ROBERT A. ROBERT.WALKER at hcbe.net
Mon Feb 12 11:45:20 PST 2018

Hello,

Thank all of you who came and helped with first year second year state! It was a great time and I hope you all had fun.

Varsity State Tabroom is up. It will require you to enter the bids that you students have. Unless your student is named as fully qualified on the list that Pam has sent you must click and put in for an At large bid. We are working on an objective way to look at the at large bids. When the point process has been finalized we will email it out so that the selection process is as open as possible. We need you to submit all at large bids by 2/21 so that we can tally the points and get back with those that have qualified. If you are using your member bid please make not of that in the bid section on tabroom. If you do not fill the bid sections out properly you will force me to go in and fill out the bid sections and I will most likely do so in a sarcastic manner. This may be fun for you but it takes sarcasm away from those that I love as there is a limit to how much sarcasm I can give at any one point in time. Don't hurt the ones I love! Remember if you are using your member bid it must be in an event that you do not have anyone else in OR to add a second student to a team event. You can still only use your member bids on students who have two or more tournaments in the state in that event.

If you are bringing along any extra coaches or students or support hamsters and would like a meal for those people/ hamsters please add through the concessions page. This will ensure that you get a ticket and get a meal for that person/ hamster. Or just let them go hungry. They probably want a meal but I mean hey, some people are insane and bring their own food to a debate tournament.

We will be hiring judges for the tournament please forward any inquiries to me and I will take care of them. We will be offering payment and lodging.

Finally make sure to make state a fun competition and educational experience for all! The focus on education is what makes this organization the best to work with.

Thanks,

Robert Walker
Social Studies Teacher
Director Of Operations GFCA
[cid:image001.png at 01D2D490.AFFA6ED0]
I embrace the imperfections and celebrate them.
-Kesha