[GFCA] Agenda Items

Mario Herrera rioherrera at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 04:41:37 PDT 2018

Hello, all!

Just wanted to clarify a couple of items on the agenda and why they are
there.

The discussion of the Varsity State Tournament is really just an
announcement to assure everyone knows that the date has changed for one
year. It will also be used as a time to answer any questions people may
have that were not at the Spring Meeting. I think the discussion and debate
we had at the Spring Meeting was fantastic and unifying, so I just want to
share the results of the discussion. I have no plan to suggest a reversal
or change to the 2019 Varsity State date.

As far as Judge Qualifications for the Varsity State Tournament that is on
the agenda, the same reasoning is true- it' on the agenda is to inform, the
membership and to make sure we are all on the same page. Additionally, I
would like to have a process in place in the event problems arise finding
judges who meet the new qualification. So I've asked the judge change be
placed on the agenda in the spirit of transparency, inclusion and
problem-solving. Again, I know of no plan for changes,

Hope you are well and I look forward to seeing you tomorrow at Carrollton
HS!

Mario Herrera
GFCA Executive Chair