[GFCA] Novice Policy Packet — Wave 3

Maggie Berthiaume maggiekb at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 10:50:56 PDT 2018

Hi All,

Attached is the High Skilled Immigration Affirmative and Negative —
highlighted and with blocks. Thanks again to Whit for writing the aff!

Want everything all at once without downloading from email? Go here
<https://www.dropbox.com/sh/687csf8mdecssxh/AADLuc8UQc7ylufp08CUxj6ga/Novice%20Files?dl=0>
.

Note: There is overlap between the Wages DA and some of the original Open
Borders case arguments, so you might want to mention that to your debaters
— if they are reading the Wages DA off-case, they should take those
duplicate arguments out of the Economy Advantage frontline in the 1NC.

I also wanted to flag that Josh Clark from MBA made a video for the
Nashville UDL introducing the Open Borders 1AC
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC9pNGeWSKM&t=4s> — not sure if everyone
has seen this yet. It's really good — we assigned it to our debaters to
watch. He will be adding additional videos as the season goes on, so it's
definitely a page worth bookmarking
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClbqivUqb8XKXXPcApwWSJg>!

*Still to follow shortly: *
- Wages DA (tomorrow)
- Gender Asylum Aff/Neg (soon)

*Further down the road:*
- Base DA
- Temporary CP
- Capitalism Kritik

I will have for you on Saturday a compiled strategy sheet for the packet as
a whole for your reference and/or to give to your debaters. I'll also have
a proposed roll-out schedule for counterplans, kritiks, etc. for us to vote
on.

See you soon!

Maggie