[GFCA] VHS Wildcat Classic

Pam Childress pchildress at gocats.org
Mon Sep 18 07:30:50 PDT 2017

And one more thing....

*Extemp*:
1 - Domestic - Business and Economics
2 - International - Africa and the Middle East
3 - Domestic - Education and the Environment
4 - International - Africa and the Middle East
Break - Domestic - Politics

*Impromptu - "This Week in History"*:
1 - Everyday's a Holiday (Unusual September holidays)
2 - It's a Gamer's World (Nintendo Corp. was founded on Sept. 23)
3 - Wild Adventures, Straight from the Headlines (Lions and Tigers and
Hurricanes, Oh My)
4 - Georgia On My Mind (Happy Birthday Ray Charles, quotes from Ray Charles)
Break 1 - Mrs. C's Favorite Poet (Pablo Neruda died on this day in 1973,
quotes from Pablo Neruda)
Break 2 - On Broadway (Phantom of the Opera premiered on this day - Titles
of Broadway Hits)

*Middle School Impromptu* - we will use the Florida method - everyone gets
the same topic and they will follow the same type of topics as high school
impromptu.

*Middle School Daily Show (Extemp Commentary) - *remember this is a seated
event.  Students are able to use a full 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of paper for their
notes.  Topics are more like persuasive essay topics that the students can
relate to.

Any other questions, call me.  "Irma" gettin' it back on track.  P

Pamela Childress
Valdosta High School - English
Debate & Speech Coach
GFCA - Director of Communications