[GFCA] Novice Policy — Add 50 States Fiat?

Maggie Berthiaume maggiekb at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 09:02:22 PDT 2017

Hi All,

I think I was remiss in not including a "States Fiat Bad" argument in the
affirmative options vs. the states counterplan. I initially did not do so
because I thought it would make the debates simpler to explain, but I've
been convinced that it overly tips debates in favor of the negative and
doesn't adequately prepare students to debate the States CP once they move
out of a packet division.

I am happy to add this to the packet, but I also don't want to ruin
preparation for others. If you have strong feelings one way or the other
about whether this should be added for tournaments this weekend, please let
me know anytime today. If others agree it should be added, I will send out
both the argument and answers tomorrow morning.

Sorry!

Maggie