[GFCA] New Policy Topic Ballot

Mario Herrera rioherrera at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 11:17:10 PDT 2017

Hello again!

I'm releasing a new ballot based upon input from Policy Debate coaches who,
rightfully so, pointed out that the ballot should be different. Special
thanks to Abby Schirmer of Marist for starting the dialogue with other
coaches. Something I appreciate about our coaching community is that we
communicate with each other and help each other out. Also thanks to Shunta,
Maggie, Jeff and Lisa for reaching out. I appreciate the dialogue with
something I am not all that familiar with and being given the opportunity
to correct the error. Thank you.

These are the instructions on then new ballot:

"This is a preferential ballot. Rank your choices with "1" being most
preferred topic, "2" being your second most preferred, etc., ranking ALL
topic choices down to "5" being your least preferred choice. Remember, one
vote per member school. As this ballot circumvents the previously released
ballot, those schools who voted on the previous ballot will be contacted to
vote utilizing this ballot."

Here is the link: https://goo.gl/forms/KfzK3awajggHNlci2

Thanks,

Mario