[GFCA] Cherokee Winter Challenge

Jamie Wills Jamie.Wills at cherokee.k12.ga.us
Mon Nov 27 16:58:17 PST 2017

Greetings coaches!

Cherokee is excited about our upcoming tournament on December 8th (BQ Debate) and 9th (all other events). Please get your registration in tabroom.com ASAP as it will help us plan a quality event for you to attend.

I believe tabroom.com is now set to receive your hired judges requests. The holidays are a busy time of year, so hired judging is VERY limited. Please make your requests as soon as you think you may need a hired judge.

If you are coming Friday night, please enter judges for BQ (3rd or 4th year debaters may judge this), and encourage your kids to wear their best ugly holiday sweater! The student with the best sweater will will a free lunch on Saturday (Chick-fil-A).

On Saturday, the first session of our Congressional Debate event will be judged by Georgia House Representative Scot Turner. Please encourage your speech students to double enter in Congress. I know many students tend to double enter in Impromptu, but this is an excellent opportunity to get experience in Congressional Debate for districts and state tournaments WHILE getting feedback on speeches from an actual legislator!

Thank you for considering our tournament, and please do not hesitate if you have any questions or concerns!

Jamie Wills

English Department
Speech and Debate Coach
NSDA GA Northern Mountain District Secretary
Cherokee High School
930 Marietta Highway
Canton, GA 30114
770.721.5300

"Give the pupils something to do, not something to learn; and the doing is of such a nature as to demand thinking; learning naturally results." - John Dewey