[GFCA] GFCA Elections - May 3 through May 8

Jeffrey Miller jmill126 at gmail.com
Tue May 2 15:45:08 PDT 2017

Hi, Coaches,

I want to thank you for your patience in this year's election process.  We
were confirming all of our nominees and our election coordinators.

This year, Kara Grant of Emory University and Tom Preston of the University
of North Georgia will be serving as the election coordinators.   Please
send your ballot ONLY to them.  *The election will begin tomorrow on May
3rd.  The election will close on May 8th at 12:00pm.  Results will be sent
out to membership afterwards.*

*Your school's ballot should be sent to BOTH kcgrant at emory.edu
<kcgrant at emory.edu> AND tom.preston at ung.edu <tom.preston at ung.edu>.  *Only
one ballot can be sent by each school and you must be a member school of
the Georgia Forensic Coaches Association.
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19ZC6KV4jMKaKjEl6N6xR4IgLxC9MNtqWUGC6GcdgJtU/edit#gid=0>

There are two positions up for election:

*Director of Operations **(Term ends in 2019)*
*The Director of Operations shall be responsible for organizing,
coordinating, and managing the State Championship tournaments. The Director
shall create roles in the tournament to include all members of the
Executive Committee and to increase volunteer participating from the
Association membership.  **The candidates are:*
*Lyndsey Hinckley, Columbus High School*
*Robert Walker, Warner Robins High School*

*Membership Coordinator **(Term ends in 2018)*
*The Membership Coordinator shall assist the Director of Operations and
Chairperson of the Committee by serving as the Ombudsperson at both State
Tournaments and chair of the hardships committee before the State
Tournaments. **The candidates are:*
*David Gay, Dunwoody High School*
*Ed Williams, Pace Academy*

The other six positions are unopposed.  These coaches will serve in the
following roles:

*Chairperson of the Committee (Term ends in 2018)*
Mario Herrera, Henry W. Grady High School

*Director of Communications (Term ends in 2018)*
Pamela Childress, Valdosta High School

*Director of Finance (Term ends in 2019)*
Richard Bracknell, Carrollton High School

*Director of Programs (Term ends in 2018)*
Mary Kay Waterman, Lovett School

*Curriculum Coordinator **(Term ends in 2018)*
Lauren Donnenfeld, Alpharetta High School

*Awards Coordinator **(Term ends in 2018)*
Laura LaChappelle, Jackson High School

Thank you!

Jeffrey Miller
Marist School