[GFCA] Update - GFCA Schedule

Willoughby, Mary E. mwilloughby at atlanta.k12.ga.us
Fri Mar 17 08:53:34 PDT 2017

I am not going to be able to attend the session on the 22nd because I will be attending the NAUDL tournament in Chicago. Unlike many of my colleagues, I am fortunate to have a partner with whom I share coaching responsibilities, and who is able to give Grady a voice at the meeting, but I would very much like to know in advance about any proposals and discussions that are going to be considered at the meeting. While Mario knows my thoughts on most things, there are certainly some aspects of coaching policy debate that he may not know or may view differently than i do. I would like to be able to talk with Mario about any proposals that will be discussed,/debated/decided at the meeting so that I can send him with my proxy on policy specific issues, and he will know my thoughts on general issues. Many other coaches who will not be able to attend will have no voice in those decisions at all if they do not know to send a fellow coach with their proxy, or to rearrange their schedule to make attendance a priority in the case that an issue they feel strongly about will be discussed. Could you please send out an agenda in advance with specific proposals listed so that coaches can make those critical decisions?

Also-I made a suggestion on my survey, but would like to make it as an official proposal to change our by-laws/constitution to mandate that neither the Tournament Director of the State Tournament, nor the Tournament Host (coach from the Host school) can be on the computer during the course of the tournament. I believe that there are so many responsibilities for these two individuals that they cannot manage the tournament and manage a computer. Mistakes happen.