[GFCA] Update - GFCA Schedule

Pam Childress pchildress at gocats.org
Fri Mar 17 05:33:38 PDT 2017

Coaches,

The 2017-18 Season is shaping up to be a great one with tournaments all
over the state.  Including a new one to close out our season... *The
Lassiter Trojan Tussle! * Let's be sure to support all of our tournaments
as you plan your schedule - Speech & Debate will only grow in our state if
WE support each other and make it happen!  There are still several weekends
open.

If anyone has any questions, please send me a message - if I can't answer
it, I will find the person who can.  Have a great Friday and weekend.  For
those of you competing at Woodward this weekend - *Good Luck*!

Pam

Tournament Weekend Tournament Name and Host School Registration Website Events
offered Contact:
August Fall meeting
Sept 1-2
Sept 9 Bruce Rogers' Debate and Forensics Tournament at Houston County High
School Tabroom All GFCA Events James Brock james.brock at hcbe.net
Sept 15-16 JHS Joust at RW Johnson High School Tabroom All GFCA Events Charity
Wang charity.wang at hallco.org
Sept 23 Wildcat Classic at Valdosta High School Tabroom All GFCA Events Pam
Childress pchildress at gocats.org
Sep 29-30 Chattahoochee Cougar Classic at Chattahoochee High School
Tabroom Debate
Only Garrett Abelkop abelkop at gmail.com
Oct 6-7 Warrior War of Words at Grovetown High School Tabroom All GFCA
Events Brett Carter brett.carter at ccboe.net
Oct 13-14 Johns Creek Gladiator Debates Tabroom All GFCA Events Ben Schultz
bencharlesschultz at gmail.com
Oct 20-21 N. Hall Autumn Classic at North Hall High School Tabroom All GFCA
Events Steven Wang steven.wang at hallco.org
Oct 28 Warner Robins High School Spooky Speech and Demon Debate tournament
Tabroom All GFCA Events Robert Walker Robert.Walker at hcbe.net
Nov 4 Autumn Argument at Sequoyah High School Tabroom All GFCA Events Matt
Bartula & Katie Maher matt.bartula at cherokee.k12.ga.us
Nov 10-11 Peach State Classic at Carrollton High School Tabroom All GFCA
Events Richard Bracknell rbrackne at yahoo.com
Nov 18 Carter/King Quest for the Dream at Henry W. Grady High School Tabroom
& JOT All GFCA Events Mario Herrera rioherrera at gmail.com
Nov 18-20 Westminster Tournament at The Westminster School Tabroom Policy
Debate Only Jordana Sternberg <jordanasternberg@ westminster.net>
Dec 1-2
Dec 8-9
Dec 15-16
Jan 5-6
Jan 13 Red Devil Rhetoric at Jackson High School Tabroom All GFCA Events Laura
LaChappelle laura.lachappelle at bcssk12.org
Jan 20 . Alpharetta Treasure Hunt at Alpharetta High School Tabroom All
GFCA Events Adam Smiley smiley at fultonschools.org
Jan 26-27 Barkley Forum for High Schools at Emory University Tabroom All
GFCA Events Kara Grant & James Herndon Emorybfhs at gmail.com
Jan 27 NCFL Qualifying Tournament at Carrollton High School Speech only James
Holt jholt31525 at aol.com
Feb 2-3 Trojan Tussle at Lassiter High School Tabroom All GFCA Events Walter
Cotter walter.cotter at cobbk12.org
End of Regular Season Competition
Feb 9-10 GFCA 1st & 2nd Year State Tournament Host: TBA Tabroom 1st & 2nd
Year LD, PF, Policy and Varsity Congress Lyndsey Hinckley
lyndsey.hinckley at gmail.com
Feb 16-17
Feb 23-24
Mar 2-4 GFCA Varsity State Championships Host: TBA Tabroom All GFCA
Events Lyndsey
Hinckley lyndsey.hinckley at gmail.com
Mar 9-11 UGA High School Tourney at University of Georgia Tabroom Policy
and PF Debate Hays Watson whwatson at gmail.com
Mar 16-17
Mar 23-24 JV/Novice Nationals at Woodward Academy Tabroom Policy and LD
Debate Maggie Berthiaume maggiekb at gmail.com
Mar 30-31
Apr 6-7
Apr 13-14
Apr 21 John McClellan Spring Fling at Warner Robins High School Tabroom All
GFCA Events Robert Walker robert.walker at hcbe.edu
Apr 27-28

Pamela Childress
Valdosta High School - English