[GFCA] GFCA Fall Meeting and Workshops Signup- Saturday, August 12

MK Waterman marykay.waterman at lovett.org
Sat Jul 1 06:01:52 PDT 2017

Greetings, GFCA!
We hope you are enjoying all debate and recreational activities this summer.

Please join us for the GA Forensics Coaches Fall Meeting on *Saturday,
August 12, from 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. *at *Jackson High School, 717
Harkness Street, Jackson, GA 30233. *Special thanks to Laura LaChappelle
for graciously hosting us.

Our morning session will include *2 sessions of your choice** of workshops
designed for new and returning coaches, and the afternoon will include a
business meeting, tabroom training, and a New Coaches'
Orientation/Mentorship Meeting. *We'll follow up in July with information
on each of the presenters.*

*Coaches who attend the full day, 8:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m., will earn PLU
credits.*

*Schedule:*

8:30-8:45 a.m.   Welcome and Light refreshments 8:45-10:00 a.m.- **Session
1: **Please choose one session on signup:* ● A: Public Forum Debate & LD ● B:
Interp Events (DI/HI/DUO/POI) ● C: Policy Debate

10:00-10:15 a.m. Break

10:15- 11:30 a.m. **Session 2: **Please choose one session on signup:* ● A:
Student Congress ● B: Platform Speaking Events (EXT/OO/IMP) ● C: Policy
Debate
11:30- 12:00 Informative Speaking (or take an early start to lunch)
12:00- 1:15 p.m. Lunch Offsite (We'll offer some nearby lunch options.)

1:15- 2:30 p.m. Fall Business Meeting

2:30- 3:15 p.m. Tabroom training

3:15- 4:00 p.m. New Coaches' Mentorship Meeting

*To register and sign up for specific sessions, please visit the following
link:*

*SignUp Genius~ Fall 2017 GFCA Meeting
<http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b45afad2ba4fd0-gfca4>*

*Please send any questions or topics you'd like addressed in any of the
workshops or the business meeting to marykay.waterman at lovett.org
<marykay.waterman at lovett.org>or **rioherrera at gmail.com
<rioherrera at gmail.com>.*

*If you know of new coaches who may not be on this listserv, please let us
know so that we can reach out to them.*

*Directions to Jackson High School (**717 Harkness Street, Jackson, GA
30233**):*

Take I-75 to Exit 205, east on Hwy 16 for 7.1 miles, turn right on Imogene
Goff Road, just prior to the Dollar General Market, left on Harkness
Street, school is on the right. Everyone can park in the front parking lot
and come in through the main entrance. If anyone needs directions coming
from I-20 to the East, please contact *Laura **LaChappelle*  at
lachappellel at bcssk12.org.

Please let me know if you have any questions. We look forward to an
excellent year for GA Speech and Debate!

Thank you,

MK Waterman and the GFCA Executive Committee