[GFCA] Position for Director of Speech and Debate at Calhoun open for next year: Would you pass this around please?

Lane Bearden beardenlaw at aol.com
Tue Aug 29 08:53:53 PDT 2017

It has been an honor to coach at Calhoun in the beautiful hills of north Georgia since 2002, but I have given notice that at the end of the 2017-18 year I will be stepping down. (Not coincidentally, that is the same time my daughter and niece will be graduating.)

The school is dedicated to their speech and debate program, and has agreed to look for a new coach who will keep up our tradition of excellence. The cupboard is certainly not going to be bare, and there will be returning experienced seniors and dedicated younger students who are looking forward to supporting a new coach.  We hope that with a full-time faculty member in charge, it may be more of a regional program, and they can expand the program to more speech and debate events, and increase the size of the team.

Thanks for the many years of support, patience, and love I have enjoyed from the community -  Lane

Here is the job posting:

Calhoun City Schools Job Posting Announcement

Position:  Calhoun Middle / High School Speech and Debate Coach

Calhoun Middle /  High School is seeking to hire a teacher who can serve as the speech and debate coach. The candidate must have expertise in teaching and coaching high school students. Required qualities include:  knowledge of National Speech & Debate Association competitive debate, experience coaching novice and advanced levels and multiple styles/events, and a willingness to travel.

Interested applicants must submit a resume and letter of interest to Dr. Michelle Griffith at griffithm at calhounschools.org and apply online.