[GFCA] Welcome Back! Info and Approaching Deadlines

Mario Herrera rioherrera at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 08:21:43 PDT 2017

Good morning, coaches! I want to draw your attention to a couple of
deadlines you might want to know about.

*PUBLIC FORUM TOPIC VOTING*

A heads up for member Chapter schools of the National Speech and Debate
Association (NSDA). Voting for the 2017 September/October Public Forum
Debate topic is now open. The topic area is the Korean Peninsula.

NSDA chapter school advisors and member students can vote by logging in to
their accounts on speechanddebate.org. Cast your votes before 4:00 p.m. CT
on August 7. The final resolution will be released August 8.
*OPTION 1 – Resolved: Continued nuclear weapon development and missile
testing are in North Korea’s best interest.*

*OPTION 2 – Resolved: Deployment of anti-missile systems is in South
Korea’s best interest.*

*GFCA FALL MEETING*

The GFCA Fall Meeting is quickly approaching. Mary Kay sent out an email
with information, including a link to sign up for specific sessions. Please
sign up when it is convenient to do so. We are using the numbers for
planning purposes. Not signing up does not preclude anyone from attending
any given session. Knowing numbers helps in planning the sessions.

Additionally, any agenda items you may have for the business portion of the
meeting should be sent to myself and Mary Kay. I'll send out received
agenda items by Tuesday, August 8, so everyone has time to look over them
and to discuss the items. At this point I know the Lauren Donnenfeld is on
the agenda to discuss resources/curriculum for classrooms and Robert Walker
will discuss bidding for the State tournaments. We will also have a
Treasurer's Report from Richard Bracknell.

Hard to believe school has started so early! I hope your summer was
productive and you had some fun over the break!

Feel free to reach out should you have any questions or concerns.

Mario Herrera

Henry W. Grady HS

Chair

GFCA Executive Board