[GFCA] 2016-2017 Stipend Research

Jeffrey Miller jmill126 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 05:38:40 PDT 2017

Hi, coaches,

Although we ran out of time on Saturday I wanted to share the findings from
our stipend report.   A special thanks to Pam Childress for organizing this.

The survey had 33 respondents (29 public schools and 4 private schools) and
found some quality data.   We put together something that you could use in
advocating for  a better stipend.

While we recognize that the survey is not the most scientific model, it is
a good starting point for many of us.

My recommendation to future Executive Committees is to continue research
like this, however, to use an independent person to collect data (possibly
through the National Speech & Debate Association).  This could increase the
amount of responses as well as the amount of data.

If you have any questions, please let Pam Childress or I know.

Thank you!
--
Jeffrey Miller
Marist School