[GFCA] Bruce Rogers at HCHS

Brock, James JAMES.BROCK at hcbe.net
Wed Sep 7 09:47:02 PDT 2016

Coaches,
   The first GFCA state qualifying tournament is almost here.

1)      Due to the storm, we are pushing back registration to noon tomorrow (9/8/16).  Please have judges in by midnight tonight though.

2)      If you are going to be short on judges, please put in the number and click request hires.  ASAP.  We are trying to make a decision on which events can be single flighted.  The plan is to double flight rounds 1 and 2 in the debate divisions.  Then, single flight when we get rooms back from the ACT administration, but we are short judges.

3)      Policy isn’t happening.  As much as I want it to make, there are currently zero entries in either division.

4)      Novice LD will use the varsity topic.  “Resolved: Countries ought to prohibit the production of nuclear power.”

5)      You may double enter IEs.  There was a problem earlier in the week that wouldn’t allow students to double enter.  Students may triple enter only if their third event is congress.

6)      Sign your students up for congress.  It’s a great event and a good introduction into speech and debate. We are using the packet that Pam sent out earlier today.

7)      The best place to park Saturday morning is near the bus ramp.  On the west side of the school.  You are welcome to park in the front or back, but your walk will be longer.

We are excited to kick off the debate season! Registration is 8:30-8:45am Saturday. My phone number is 478-227-6250 if you have questions.

James Brock -HCHS
Houston County High School
920 Highway 96
Warner Robins, GA 31088