[GFCA] NHHS Autumn Classic Open for Registration

Wang, Steven Steven.Wang at hallco.org
Fri Sep 2 08:01:47 PDT 2016

 Invitation - N. Hall HS Autumn Classic Sept. 16-17, 2016
Dear Colleagues:
We are delighted to extend to you and your students an invitation to the NHHS Autumn Classic Speech and Debate Tournament to be held Friday, October 16 (Evening Congressional Debate) and Saturday, Sept. 17, 2016. We will offer the following events: Two-person novice, JV, and Varsity policy debate, novice and varsity Lincoln-Douglas debate,  novice and varsity public forum debate, extemporaneous speaking, impromptu speaking, dramatic interpretation, humorous interpretation, duo interpretation, and original oratory. We will offer program of interpretation (POI) in light of the change in GFCA qualifying events. We will also be offering middle school level impromptu speaking and original oratory. Congressional debate will be offered on Friday, September 16 from 7:00- 9:00 pm in the media center of the school.
We request that you follow the GFCA resolution stating that "a novice debater should be a student who is debating his/her first national high school resolution in high school tournaments."  Debaters with five or more rounds of experience should compete at the varsity level.
Registration is available on the Tabroom.com website: http://autumnclassic.tabroom.com<http://autumnclassic.tabroom.com/>.   You may register entries until 5:00 pm on September 13, 2016.  Interested entrants beyond that deadline should contact the tournament director Steve Wang, atsteven.wang at hallco.org<mailto:steven.wang at hallco.org>.
Please take the time to look at the tentative schedule available via Tabroom.com.
There are many hotels in the Gainesville area.  Should you be in need of lodging recommendations, please contact tournament director Steven Wang,steven.wang at hallco.org<mailto:steven.wang at hallco.org>.?