[GFCA] Wildcat Classic 10/24

Pam Childress pchildress at gocats.org
Wed Sep 16 13:10:21 PDT 2015

Dear Coaches,

The Valdosta High School Wildcat Classic is now open for registration on
tabroom.  Some key facts are:

1.  Cost - IE, Middle School, and Congress are $15.  LD is $25, PF and CX
are $30.
2.  Judging is one judge for every four entries in each division.  We are
limited on CX judges for hire as VSU is also having their college
tournament that weekend.
3.  We are offering all of the GFCA main events plus three middle school
speaking events from the SA-CFL: Just Talk, Daily Show, and Impromptu.  (I
have fielded a question about offering middle school policy debate and if
we can get at least four entries emailed to me, I will add it in but call
soon!)
4.  The closest hotel is the Best Western Plus Hotel and Suites, 4025
Northlake Drive, NE corner of I-75 and Exit 22, Valdosta, GA 31602.  They
do have free Wifi and free hot breakfast.
5.  Student lunch will be Chik-Fil-A and Pizza slices.  However, if you
have a student with special needs such as nut allergy or vegan - please let
me know as we will have vegan foods available in the judge's lounge - the
special needs diet request also goes for your coaches and judges.
6.  Our school has great wifi in the classrooms, spotty in the cafeteria so
we will be doing all debates paperless but we are currently planning to do
paper ballots for IE.
7.  We are a qualifying tournament for both the GFCA and the SA-CFL.  We
have also had a lot of interest in our tournament from a large team in TN
and two schools in AL so it looks like we might be a bit bigger this year!

If you have any questions, please let me know.  Cell 229-292-8258.

We look forward to hosting you and your students in Winnersville USA.

Pam
Pamela Childress
Valdosta High School - English
Debate & Speech Coach