[GFCA] Wildcat Classic Extemp/Impromptu Topics

Pam Childress pchildress at gocats.org
Fri Oct 16 14:06:14 PDT 2015

Hello folks,

We are getting excited in Winnersville to welcome you to this year's
tournament!

I have received a couple of questions about our impromptu topics so...

Round 1 - Drake Says - Oct. 24 is the rapper Drake's birthday - we have
gleaned his best lines from songs and interviews for your competitors to
build a speech around.

Round 2 - Failed Superheroes - students will get the name of a failed
superhero to build their speeches around

Round 3 - Wild Adventures - "I am ____unusual animal name____.

Round 4 - Famous Combinations from all aspects of life - could be food such
as fish and chips, famous couples like Bill and Hillary Clinton, opposites
such as up and down.

Finals - this is image based.  Students will get a full-color image of an
impressionist painting to build their speech around.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Pam

Pamela Childress
Valdosta High School - English
Debate & Speech Coach