[GFCA] A Few Quick Announcements

Brandon Kendall kendall.brandon at mail.fcboe.org
Mon Aug 17 13:59:13 PDT 2015

Hello!

A. First, a quick litany of  "Thank Yous"

**Thanks to everyone who came on Saturday for the GFCA Fall Coaches
Meeting. It was wonderful to see all of the new coaches who'll be joining
our ranks!

**Huge thanks to Mary Kay Waterman for being our gracious host.

**Thank you to Jeff Miller, Maggie Berthiaume, and Bill Batterman for
leading our breakout sessions.

**Finally, massive thanks to Bill Batterman for creating the novice policy
packet single-handled are due. That's a monumental task. 👏

B. Key takeaways from the Fall Meeting.

**Program of Oral Interpretation (POI) will replace Prose/Poetry at the
Varsity State Tournament.
**The Principal's Award will be given out at the Varsity State Tournament
starting this year.
**The Jackson tournament has been moved to Jan. 16th--it was Jan. 23rd.
**The Lee County Tournament has been cancelled--it was Oct. 10th.

C. Volunteers

**We're still looking for hosts for 1st/2nd Year State (Feb.
20th-21st--Saturday & Sunday) as well as Varsity State (Mar. 4th-6th). If
you're willing or interested, please contact me. We'd greatly appreciate it!

**Would anyone (or perhaps a few people) be willing to help write
Congressional Legislation/Packet for this season? If you're willing or
interested, please contact me. We'd greatly appreciate it!

If you have any questions or concerns, please email me!

Thank you! Best of luck to everyone this season!

Brandon Kendall
Starr's Mill High School
English Teacher
Speech and Debate Coach